Comparing the Fisher Wallace Stimulator with TMS (Transcranial M
Avoid the high cost of TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)
The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® and TMS are both non-invasive brain stimulation technologies that treat depression and other symptoms by stimulating the brain's production of neurotransmitters. However, there are significant differences between the technologies:
1. A series of TMS treatments typically costs $8,000 - $12,000 and is not covered by insurance. The Fisher Wallace Stimulator costs $495 - $715 and is often reimbursed by insurance companies.
2. TMS uses high-powered magnets to induce an electrical charge in the brain. The Fisher Wallace Stimulator does not use magnets – instead, it uses two AA batteries to deliver a gentle electrical current at patented frequencies via sponge electrodes placed underneath a simple headband. Therefore, our device may be used safely at home.
3. The FDA has only cleared TMS for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder. The FDA has cleared the Fisher Wallace Stimulator for the treatment of depression, anxiety, insomnia and pain.
4. TMS is administered in a doctor’s office, one reason why it is so expensive. The Fisher Wallace Stimulator is designed to be used easily by patients at home. Our device is portable and weighs less than a pound.
5. Despite the cost, TMS comes with no guarantee of effectiveness. You may return the Fisher Wallace Stimulator for a refund if it does not successfully treat your symptoms within 60 days of receipt.
If the Fisher Wallace Stimulator does not reduce your symptoms of insomnia, anxiety, depression and/or pain within 60 days of receipt, you may return the device for a refund.
Our device is designed to used at home, twice a day (morning and evening), for 20 minutes per treatment session. Symptoms typically begins to recede after 2 weeks of twice daily use - however, it may take 30-45 days to experience results. It is important to use the device every day. If you do not see any results after 45 days of twice-daily use, your symptoms will probably not recede as a result of using the device and you may return it for a refund.
The device may be safely used in conjunction with medication. Do not stop or reduce your medication without consulting your doctor.
Call Us: 800.692.4380