How the Fisher Wallace Stimulator® Works
It’s normal to feel occasional sadness. But depression and anxiety are different because they cause intense feelings of despair and isolation. Clinical studies show that depression is often linked to an imbalance of certain chemicals in the brain. One of these chemicals is called serotonin – often referred to as the body’s mood stabilizer because it controls happiness and anxiety.
How does the Fisher Wallace Stimulator® work? It delivers a gentle electrical pulse that stimulates the brain to produce serotonin and other chemicals required for healthy mood and sleep. It has been proven in multiple published studies, and is preferred by doctors at Harvard, NYU, Cornell and other top institutions.
The device can be easily carried in your hand or in a pocket. It features small battery-operated electrodes that stimulate serotonin production, while also lowering a stress hormone called cortisol. It is painless and mostly free from side effects. While some people may feel a slight tingling or massaging sensation, many people feel nothing at all.
To treat depression and anxiety, patients wear the device for 20 minutes per day while resting or going about normal activities. To treat insomnia, the device can be used within two hours before bedtime. It’s that simple.
Quick Start Guide
1. Open the battery cover and insert two AA batteries.
2. Plug the wires into the device and snap the electrodes to the other end of the wires.
3. Submerge the sponge electrodes under running water until wet. Squeeze out the excess water.
4. Put on the velcro headband and adjust the fit.
5. Slide each sponge electrode beneath the headband, above your sideburns, so that the bottom of each electrode is slightly higher than the top of your ear.
6. Turn on the device by rotating the dial counter-clockwise until two yellow level lights flash (level 2). You may feel a slight tingling at the electrode sites. Most patients start feeling more relaxed within minutes as the device modulates the brain wave state and stimulates neurochemical production.
7. Engage in quiet activities such as reading, watching TV or meditation during the 20-minute stimulation session.
8. After 20 minutes, the device will shut off automatically (with a beep).