Scientific Evidence Homepage Anxiety
A Clinically Proven Solution
The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is a wearable neurostimulation device that is cleared by the FDA to treat anxiety, as well as the common co-symptoms of depression and insomnia. The device works by stimulating serotonin production, alpha wave production and the brain's default mode network while lowering cortisol. Patients use the device at home, once or twice a day for 20 minutes. The majority of patients in clinical trials and practice experience durable symptom relief within the first week of use. Patients may return their device for a refund within 30 days of receipt.
The device is effective in treating the following symptoms of anxiety and depression:
- Decreased energy and fatigue
- Oversleeping or insomnia
- Persistent sadness
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of worthlessness and/or helplessness
- Loss of interest in activities and hobbies, including sex
- Restlessness and irritability
- Chronic and unsubstantiated worry
- Repeated, random panic attacks
These symptoms are commonly associated with Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Persistent Depressive Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Easy to Use
The device is extremely easy to use and the stimulation feels pleasant during the 20-minute treatment session, often causing the patient to feel immediately relaxed. Patients may read a book, watch TV, use the computer or engage in other quiet activities during the treatment session.
The device is effective in treating the following types of insomnia:
- Chronic Insomnia: Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep three or more nights per week.
- Onset Insomnia: Difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night.
- Comorbid Insomnia: Insomnia that occurs in conjunction with depression or anxiety.
- Maintenance Insomnia: Difficulty staying asleep through the night (waking up often or waking up too early).
- Acute Insomnia: Temporary difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep as the result of traveling or a life event.
Easy to Use
The device is extremely easy to use and the stimulation feels pleasant during the 20-minute treatment session, often causing the patient to feel immediately relaxed. To treat insomnia, patients use the device for 20 minutes before bedtime.