HOMEPAGE SYMPTOMS: Insomnia
The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is cleared by the FDA to treat insomnia, as well as anxiety and depression. Used for 20 minutes, once or twice per day, the device works by stimulating the brain to produce serotonin and melatonin while calming the default mode network. The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is comfortable to use and reduces symptoms for the majority of patients within 2-4 weeks of daily use.
The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is effective in treating the following types of insomnia:
- Chronic Insomnia: Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep three or more nights per week.
- Onset Insomnia: Difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night.
- Comorbid Insomnia: Insomnia that occurs in conjunction with depression or anxiety.
- Maintenance Insomnia: Difficulty staying asleep through the night (waking up often or waking up too early).
- Acute Insomnia: Temporary difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep as the result of traveling or a life event.
Easy to Use
The device is extremely easy to use and the stimulation feels pleasant during the 20-minute treatment session, often causing the patient to feel immediately relaxed. To treat insomnia, patients use the device for 20 minutes before bedtime. If you do not suffer from insomnia and only use the device to treat depression or anxiety, the device will not make you drowsy.
Similar to how pharmaceutical drugs must be FDA-Approved to enter the market, medical devices must be FDA-Cleared. The Fisher Wallace Stimulator® is FDA-Cleared for the treatment of insomnia, anxiety and depression. It also has separate FDA clearance to treat pain on the body. The only patients who are not qualified to use the device are those with implanted medical devices, such as a pacemaker or vagus nerve stimulator. Watch the video in the How It Works section (below) to see how easy it is to use.